Tuesday, June 19, 2007

why is it that cars are made hard to clean? Part One

That's right folks I have been cleaning my automobile ready for the long drive to the Lake District. This is a very unusual thing for me as those who both know me and have travelled in my car are only too aware that I rarely wash my car. The reason for this became apparent today, after the realisation that the car was so filthy that project clean would need to be rolled out over two days. The project was to be split as follows:

Day One: Interior
This would involve the polishing of all the leather and the plastic dash. This i found would be the hardest and most tedious part.

I started with the idea that i would work in a stair cleaning fashion i.e. from top to bottom, but this did not really work out. when the leather had been cleaned and it was time to start on the plastics, this i thought would be easy. How wrong i was... My doors have the most stupid pull handles ever thought out by man, they are just cavernous recesses in the door meaning the amount of fluff, hair and unimaginable s collect there. Opening the tray under the drinks holder revealed a puddle of 'Dark Water' and had to be mopped out, where this has sprung from is anybody's guess. Then it was time to vacuum. I took all of the mats out and then proceeded to clean them, this went fine as did the the rest of the accessible seats and carpet, but then it came to the bits between the seats and the centre console. Manufacturers of vacuum cleaners take note that I would pay big money for a cleaner that is capable of getting into these small gaps (a longer hose and thinner crevice tool would do!). So tomorrow heralds the day where I clean the outside, inside windows and engine bay.

I feel this will not be fun!

so long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home