Sunday, October 08, 2006

Dazed, Confused and Heartbroken all in the Same Day!

Okay, please bear with me (bear is right, I checked it!), this is my first attempt at a blog!

Basically I have been told many times that I should express my ‘moans’ and so this blog was born. The first thing I wish to cover is the lack of stationary shops that sell useful stationary, after being told that I would need to participate in a few presentations in the coming months, I thought it would be a good idea to get some of the acetate that you can print on (staffs uni clearly don’t believe in MS Powerpoint), BAD idea! Upon asking the information services guy, who looks an awful lot like the tall senior warden from ‘The Green mile’ I was told that inkjet acetate “may work”, and that I could just “try it”. After stating this he went on to mutter something about ‘if you break it you will have to pay for it though”! Moron!!

After this I decided I would go speak to the tutorial bloke to see if he had some ‘spare’, it was then that I realised that I have three lecturers that look like people off the telly. I am lectured by Jeremy Beadle & the Mitchell bros. and I have already mentioned the Green Mile guy.

So I decided to go to my local shopping centre, Ankerside…….

Walking through it, card shop to the left of me, phone shop to the right, here I am stuck in the middle of chavs! Anyway I get to Partners and get the same reply, “why don’t you try it?” I explained that I didn’t want to be fleeced for a printer unless they were prepared to except liability, to which I strangely got no reply, hmmmmm…….

So I surrendered and went to Subway, oh subway how I kneel down an kiss the feet of Dr. Peter Buck, but to my horror was told they had no bread, no bread it’s a sandwich shop for heavens sake how can you have NO BREAD, to which the stoned girl replied “we sold it all!?” she seemed confused about my anger.

I returned home, acetate-less and sandwich-less!

I hope the bread returns soon is all I can whisper through my tears of hunger and dismay……

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home