Tuesday, June 19, 2007

i never thought i would say this but...
i miss staffs!

Yes that's right folks, for the last two years I could not wait to leave that University. It seemed such a cruel place, it was un-organised, most of the lecturers gave the impression that they wanted to be there as much as I did!


Now I have left however something has changed, everyday this feeling gets that little bit stronger to the point where I am writing this. Sitting in bed thinking about it now I cant help saying to myself I wish I was back there for one reason, yes the work was tough and the university just plain unhelpful but I miss the social aspect that it provided. Everyday I was forced to get out of my warm bed and drive for one whole hour to this place, but when I got there i would be greeted by people I liked to spend my time with an talk to (even if they, and I suspect a lot of them did, hate the moment that I walked into that final year project room.


I remember the most hated module of all 'Mathematics and Software Applications', this was the worst nightmare of anyone that I had spoken to yet I strangely enjoyed that hour on a Friday afternoon, we could spend one hour playing with the application known as 'MAPLE' (usually changing the colours of the 3D plains!) this to any normal person would be the equivalent of Vogon poetry (or a rusty nail through one's scrotum) yet I enjoyed it for the one reason that I could have a laugh with my friends!


I really do miss the laughs, and moans that we all shared during the random Subway trips, the meetings in the FYP room (to me the hub of the university) and MSN while trying to complete the many vaguely explained assignments. It is for this reason and this reason alone that I miss going to staffs everyday, to be perfectly honest if I could do it all again I think I would.


Well I hope the camping trip next week will help cure me of these ridiculous thoughts, although I can't help thinking that it may make them worse, but at least then I can attempt to find a job although:

  1. Who is going to want to employ me? I know i wouldn't
  2. It means I have got to make new friends!


BTW, If any of the old 'Subway' group fancy a sandwich and chat just say the word and I will be there or if any one would like to shed some light on the date on which we can expect the arrival of our results please do not hesitate to contact me!


Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home