Friday, October 20, 2006

Go on then, just a quick one!

Man this blog writing is tough, it’s been what… 12 days since I started this and this is only the second post.

Anyway just a few things tonight firstly lollipop people (see, that’s me being politically correct!) you would think that as they guide students everywhere across roads, (sometimes into immanent danger! More about that later) might understand the need for visibility, It was only today that on the way to uni, what can only be described as a pair of lollipop people (there I go again) were ‘chatting’ on the edge of the footpath to which they are assigned to patrol. Not only were they blocking view of the driver from oncoming traffic but also ignoring children.

Now, one of the lollipop operatives near me seems to express the need to live life on the ‘edge’ by this I mean she leaps out into traffic. This would be fine if she worked on a quiet street, but no, it’s a busy road. She just spies a teen in the distance and leaps out. On many occasions this has lead to screeching tyres and screaming on my behalf. The thing that really gets me though is the waiting. This is when she sees two teenagers, the first is a few feet away, this in-turn triggers her leaping into the centre of the road, after this she waits… usually for another teen polite you may think, thing is this child is around 3 miles away from her, but she waits and so do we. This does have an advantage as it gives time for insurance details to be swapped.

Anyway that’s enough from me, if I don’t post for another 12 days “good afternoon, good evening and goodnight” x12?
(Burbank 1998, Scene. ?)

1 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was left abandoned by the side of a busy road after a lollypopper walked away from me and took off her coat.

I was not deemed worthy of protecting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home